SO I JUST REALIZED THAT TODAY IS MY BLOGOVERSARY.
It's been quite a fun journey. It's actually astonishing to think that I've been writing on this corner of the internet for a whole year. To be honest, it sometimes feels like a lot longer. Blogging is one of those things I'm CONSTANTLY thinking about. I like to think that I have a little blogger bug inside my head constantly poking me to write a post. Blogging can be quite stressful, but I have no regrets.
My first post was exactly a year ago (Oh, wow. Shocker, right?). It wasn't anything special--just a welcoming post, and titled as thus. It's short, and has a grand total of one comment...from my uncle. It's nothing impressive, but 120 followers, 17,000 pageviews, 1,000 comments, and 63 posts later, it really was a start of a journey.
I don't have a fancy giveaway for all of you (I know, I know. I hear the sorrowful cries. Next year. I'm promising you. I'll plan ahead instead of writing it in the middle of the night.), so instead I'm going to share some highlights over the past year,
- hitting those milestone marks. 50...75...100...115 followers.
- receiving super sweet messages from my contact form.
- figuring out design/coding stuff and not breaking the blog.
- getting a facebook page and twitter.
- writing 50,000 words in two weeks.
- guest posting for people and having people guest post for me. (always open to guest posters if you're interested! Just shoot me a message. :)
- finally learning how to create good looking graphics.
- meeting so many new blogger friends!
- seeing my name pop up around the blogosphere.
- Why I'm Now Crazy Insane About Going to Writer's Conferences.
- The One Tip That Helped Me Write 50,000 Words in Two Weeks.
- Camp NaNoWriMo and Other Such Things.
- Three Word Count Boosting Resources for NaNoWriMo.
- Flash Fiction Challenge - The Thief's Blade.
I changed my photo that I use around the internet from the dandelion
to a picture of the back of my head. (lovely, right? :p)
Maybe next year I'll actually get a good picture of my face.
BLOGGING BUDDIES (the people who comment and keep me encouraged):
|| names lead to blogs ||
- Aimee -- you're hilarious, I loveee talking to(or flailing with) you and it makes me happy when you comment. xD
- Ana -- every comment you write is so genuine and insightful. And long. Long comments are awesome.
- Victoria Nightsky - thank you for recommending MISTBORN! :p We need to have more bookish talks. *nods*
- Morgan - super awesome that you're an author, and I've had some fun conversations in the comments with you. :)
- Rcubed - your comments make me laugh.
- Annika - my writing buddy! I love your posts and your comments. :D
- Victoria Howell - so stoked that I got to meet you in person. You're awesome.
- Eliza - I love that you check back for comments!
- Imogen - your face shows up in the comments quite a lot and I really appreciate it. ^.^
- Sarah - you're so fun to talk to -- I'm glad you check back on your comments so we can talk!
- Audrey - bookish buddies! Need I say more? ;)
- Heather - I never understand how you comment so often on allll the posts on all the blogs. But I appreciate it. ;)
- Athelas - your blog inspired me to create a blog in the first place. And THANK YOU for coming up with the title of my blog. xD
And now I'm going to be all cheesy and say:
Seriously. I wouldn't be writing this blog if people didn't follow it. I wouldn't write as often (ha, I act like I post every other day.) if people didn't comment and weren't so encouraging. I might not have started this blog if it wasn't for my amazing writing buddies.
So, basically, you're all awesome. Give yourself a pat on the back or whatever special treat you like to eat. (Pizza? Cookies? *shrugs*)
When's your blogoversary? I want to know so I can put it down on my calendar and then CELEBRATE on said date.
Once again: thank you!